This report explores potential links between the agriculture and tourism sectors that could strengthen infrastructure development and inclusive growth in the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
Over the last 3 decades, the Lao People's Democratic Republic has seen remarkable economic growth, with per capita income quadrupling between 1989 and 2019. However, this growth has been accompanied by widening inequality as the economy generated limited job opportunities beyond agriculture. In the aftermath of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, this report emphasizes the need to develop synergies between agriculture and tourism. It recommends investing in infrastructure, human capital, and digital connectivity among other development areas in the country's agriculture and tourism sectors.
Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Ensuring Inclusive Growth in Navigating Growth in the Lao PDR
- Agriculture's Contribution to Inclusive Growth in the Lao PDR
- Navigating Growth in Lao PDR Tourism
- Exploring Linkages between Tourism and Agriculture in the Lao PDR
- Fostering Inclusive Growth in the Lao PDR: The Roles of Tourism and Agriculture
- Additional Details