This publication suggests how Pakistan could strengthen solid waste management and in doing so reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
It provides guidance on improving and expanding waste collection and disposal services for municipal, industrial, electronic, and hospital waste. It outlines waste management options and key considerations in setting up a waste management system. The publication also discusses consolidating data on the waste generated, calculating historical emissions from the waste sector and projections, and establishing an institutional framework.
Table of Contents:
- Objectives of the Road Map
- Current Waste Management Situation in Pakistan
- Waste Management Hierarchy
- Key Considerations in Developing the Road Map
- Steps in Developing the Road Map
- Waste Management and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Capacity Building for the Implementation of the Road Map
- Financing the Waste Management Road Map
- Summary and Conclusions
- Appendix: Memorandum of Understanding Template