This report presents the advantages of soil bioengineering and proposes a research program on Vetiver grass and liquid soil catalysts for road and other infrastructure projects in Cambodia.
The comprehensive research program involves six trials on National Road 23 (NR 23) in Kandal Province and on Provincial Road 312 (PR 312) in Prey Veng Province. It aims to determine the suitability of Vetiver grass for slope protection and the potential of liquid soil catalysts for improving soil-bearing capacity. The proposal emphasizes the need to develop knowledge products and increase awareness on soil bioengineering for infrastructure development.
Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Scope of Research
- Climatic Conditions of the Project Area
- Geotechnical Characteristics
- Traffic and Embankment Requirements
- Liquid Soil Catalyst for Improving Soil-Bearing Capacity
- Combined System
- Bill of Quantities for Trial Sites
- Proposed Research Program
- Future Directions